Educational / Brochure Information
- The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a complex system that regulates many biological processes within the body The ECS is primarily comprised of CB1 and CB2 receptors, which are found throughout the brain, organs, glands, skin, and immune cells. They are responsible for maintaining a natural homeostasis (a stable internal environment) throughout the body. The cannabis plant produces compounds called cannabinoids, which interact with these receptors in different ways to boost homeostasis and offer a variety of effects for users. THC primarily binds to CB1 receptors, which are mainly found in the brain and central nervous system. This is why users often report feelings of relaxation and/or inebriation. CBD primarily binds to CB2 receptors, which are mainly found through organs and immune cells. This is why many users report overall body relaxation without any inebriation. Although THC and CBD are the most popular, there are well over 80 unique cannabinoids in the cannabis plant that interact with these receptors in different ways.
- Isolate - refers to products containing only cannabidiol (CBD), there are no other cannabinoids, terpenes, or plant materials. These products contain no THC, have no psychotropic effects, and are drug-test friendly!
- Broad - refers to products containing all hemp-derived cannabinoids, terpenes, and plant materials except THC. These products have no psychotropic effects, but do have a small chance of causing a false positive on drug-tests for users!
- Full – refers to products containing all hemp-derived cannabinoids, terpenes, and plant materials including <.03% of THC. Although these products are not drug-test friendly, they have little to no psychotropic effects and tend to be the most effective for users!
- Entourage Effect - refers to multiple cannabinoids, terpenes, and plant compounds working together to produce synergistic effects for the user that could not be reached by using only one compound. This is the reason why full spectrum products tend to provide the most effect compared to isolated and broad-spectrum options.
- Delta 8 THC – a naturally occurring psychotropic cannabinoid found in cannabis. It is an isomer of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, commonly known as THC. It is estimated to be 25-30% less potent than THC. Although effects vary among individuals, users often report a relaxing and a full-body experience.
- Delta 10 THC – a psychotropic cannabinoid found in cannabis. It is an isomer of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, commonly known as THC. It is estimated to be about as potent as Delta 8 THC. Although effects will vary among individuals, users often report a mildly euphoric and uplifting "sativa-like" experience.
- THC-P / THC-H - psychotropic cannabinoids found in cannabis. They are an analog of delta-9-tetraydrocannabinol and estimated to have 33x stronger affinity for CB1 receptors than THC. Although effects vary among individuals, most users report a highly euphoric and cerebral experience. Only recommended for experienced users!
- THC-V – a naturally occurring psychotropic cannabinoid found in cannabis. It is a homologue of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and tends to have opposite effects of THC. Although intoxication can occur in high amounts, most users report a clear-headed and stimulated experience with minor psychoactive effects.
- Hexahydrocannabinol (HHC) - a psychotropic cannabinoid found in cannabis. Its chemical structure is nearly identical to CBN and is estimated to be slightly less potent than Delta 8 THC. Formed when all the double bonds have been broken down, and replaced with hydrogen. This allows the compound to have a much longer shelf-life before losing its potency. Although effects vary among individuals, most users report a mildly euphoric and energizing experience!
- Sublingual – this refers to oils and liquids administered under the tongue and held for at least 1-2 minutes before swallowing. Cannabinoids enter directly into the bloodstream through capillaries under the tongue and effects can start to be felt in as little as 15 minutes. The effects can last upwards of 6-8 hours, depending on consistency and metabolism. Sublingual options are great for those that want quick and long-lasting relief!
- Edible - this refers to any food, drink, or capsule ingested through the stomach. Cannabinoids must pass through the liver before entering the bloodstream, and effects can be felt within 1-2 hours after ingestion. The effects usually last 6-8 hours but can vary depending on consistency and individual metabolism. Edible options are great for on the go, before bed, or those that prefer not to vape or smoke!
- Vape/Smokeable - this refers to any flower, cartridge/disposable, or concentrate that is heated or combusted to release plant compounds. The effects can be felt within 5-15 minutes and last about 2-6 hours, depending on consistency and metabolism. Vaping refers to heating the product up just enough to release cannabinoids into a vapor, while smoking refers to burning the product through combustion to release cannabinoids into a smoke. These options are great for those that need immediate delivery or have dietary restrictions!
- Topical - this refers to any cream, lotion, or gel that is applied directly to the skin rather than ingested. The effects can usually be felt within 15-30 minutes and last up to 4-6 hours. CB2 receptors are found throughout all skin cells, which is why topicals have become increasingly popular. These options are great for those that need product in an isolated area or need to pass a drug-screening test, as they don’t absorb into the bloodstream!
- Kratom (Mitragyna Speciosa) - a tropical evergreen tree that is indigenous to Southeast Asia. It is in the same family as the coffee plant, and has been used for energy and relaxation for generations. The leaves are harvested, dried, and turned into powder and can be taken orally or mixed with your favorite liquid. The effects of kratom come from two alkaloids produced in the leaves, named mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. These alkaloids are unique to the kratom plant and possess strong mood-boosting properties and will vary in effects depending on the color and strain used. Kratom strains are divided between 4 colors and offer a variety of uses for users!
- White – These strains offer a strong energy boost and are great for mental clarity, focus, and productivity!
- Green – These strains offer a gentle energy boost with great mood-boosting properties. Some of these strains are also excellent for daytime relaxation!
- Red – These strains offer the best combination of physical and mental relaxation for users, and are mainly taken at night.
- Yellow/Gold - These types are a mixture of two or more different colors or strains to obtain a specific desired effect.
(Please visit www.KatsBotanicals.com for more information!)
- Functional mushrooms are natural adaptogens that can help the body resist and adapt to emotional and physical stress. Each mushroom species has unique, potent nutritional properties that can be used to protect and enhance the body and mind. Incorporating these forms of fungi into your diet is a great way to keep a clear and sharp mind while fortifying your body's defenses! We have teamed up with Odyssey Elixir to bring you top of the line tea, coffee, and sparkling water infused with the following functional mushrooms:
- Lion’s Mane - high iron levels that keep the mind sharp and help boost mental clarity.
- Cordyceps – highly known for its energy boosting properties that invigorate the mind and body! These options are great for early mornings or midday fatigue.
- Reishi – best known for helping calm the body and mind, as well as offering a great mood boost!
- Turkey Tail – packed with numerous antioxidants, they help support cell longevity!
- Chaga – another option charged with antioxidants, it has been used for centuries for a variety of reasons.
- Maitake – high in copper, beta-glucans, and antioxidants that are great for the body.
- Shiitake - are recognized for their natural copper levels which help support healthy blood and bones.
(Please visit www.OdysseyElixir.com for more information!)